Home in sight...

Today I woke up with chills and sweats again (unpleasant) but my body seemed to fight the fever off by itself--telling me this new antibiotic, Vancomycin, is getting the job done. I am now medically stable enough to go home, exactly two weeks after my transplant (amazing what the body can do, eh?) but will be staying here to finish my course(s) of antibiotics since home care will not work with 3 antibiotics (Meropenum, Ceftazidime, and Vancomycin). I'm basically connected to this pole all the time, so until that goes, I stay here!

I started some light leg and arm weights today and will be heading back to the treadmill room on Friday. I can't wait to see what these babies are capable of! However, since I still have an infection, I don't expect I'll see their full potential for a while. Also, since my brain still thinks I have CF lungs, I have to constantly remind myself to take deeper breaths-- it doesn't come as 'naturally' as one would assume.

Tomorrow I may also have every other staple removed from my incision sight... I wonder how many there are?

Let's fly out of here!

One Response so far.

  1. haha 2 weeks later you finally get those weights you were asking for 2 days post surgery! Go Lindsay, you will be home before you know it!