Countdown to Rehab

Starting back to rehab tomorrow morning... duh duh duh!

I really hope it goes well, as I seem to be an expert in suffocating myself. Like I mentioned earlier, my brain still thinks it working with diseased lungs and that, couple with the tightness of the incision, make the act of breathing hard. My friend M described it well earlier when she said it's like jumping right on the bike without any training wheels first--so there's bound to be some tumbles! I guess I can forgive myself for not adjusting to my lovely new partnership so very quickly.

Meanwhile, I went for two walks today, had plenty of naps, and did some light weight lifting.

In a way I can't wait to show off my new 'look' tomorrow...
My lips are pink.
My skin has COLOUR.
My hands seem softer and light.
And my voice is so clear!
When I looked in the mirror for the first time last week I had to do a double-take... there was no longer a Casper-version of myself starting back, but someone who actually looked like they had life to them.

When I first saw my hands in the Step Down Unit I couldn't stop staring at them for days... part of that could have been the morphine, but whatever, it was special.

So now that I've seen these physical changes, I hope to see even more in rehab tomorrow.

Wish me luck!
- Lindsay

One Response so far.

  1. Kim says:

    Casper-version lol! Lindsay you look so beautiful (always did)but seriously loving your pics with that pink healthy glow even the kids were commenting:
    "Lindsay looks different and this is meant in a good way!,she looks so happy, she looks great!"
    Good luck in rehab! Your cheering section is waiting to hear.. GO Lindsay GO !
    xoxo
    Love 4 K's