Checking in to Chateau de St.Mikes

The past few days have gone by really quick!

It's Sunday afternoon and I'm just finishing up lunch from my room in 6 Bond. I am happy that I have a private room, washroom, HUGE fridge and possibly a flatscreen tv being installed today... hello jackpot, nice to meet you.

The doctors decided it was best I do IVs in hospital, and I disagreed at first. Even sitting here when I was admitted on Friday I started questioning if I really needed IVs or not and my mom was quick to point out that I was suffering from denial. I denied that. But come Saturday morning and I had reclaimed my throne as the fever queen. Chills, sweats, headache, throwing up, low sats (measures the oxygen in your blood)--you name it, I had it. So I GUESS I was in denial...

The resident came in this morning and confirmed that yes, I do have a chest infection and I came in at the right time. My CRP, which is used to measure inflammation, is 30 and the normal range is around 5, while my WBC (white blood cell count, which can indicate infection) is actually only 11, and 'normal' is around 10 and under (mind you mine usually hovers around 7).

Today I am still battling the fevers. They seem to come on in waves, but so far I have not needed to take Tylenol to lower it--a good sign. Another plus, my shortness of breath is a world better compared to yesterday. Yesterday morning I felt like I ran a marathon just from rolling over... today I am going to walk back to my apartment at Church and Gerrard (about a 10-15 minute walk). May as well take advantage of feeling good, because there is no such thing as an uneventful admission, things seem to change from hour-to-hour!

I'm grateful I listened to my gut and came in when I did... I'm even more grateful that my apartment is close by and I won't have to go long without a shower like last time!

2 Responses so far.

  1. Seansjeep says:

    Wow Flat screen tv? Next will be free tv service. I had only got a private room once and that was just before christmas cause the ward was pretty empty and I loved having the fridge. Then after christmas when I was back in it was back to shared room with no fridge which really sucked. I think they should have fridges for all the rooms.

  2. you listened to YOUR gut L? or you listend to dr. dunstan??? hmm???
    hahahah
    glad you are just down the hall girl!