Ch-ch-changes


Welcome to my monthly update!

I think it's fair to stress that a lot has happened in the past month, but most of them are good things.
  1. I finished school (until the fall... three more courses, woo!!)
  2. I got a great internship at CanadianFamily.ca 
  3. I moved into my very own bachelor apartment downtown (until said internship is complete)
Needless to say, I'm pretty thrilled that these pipe dreams that were once only scrawled on endless to-do lists are finally getting checked off!

I'm now into week three of my internship (wow, times flies) and work-wise, I'm loving it. Lots to do, great atmosphere and great people. But as you know, CF likes to throw you a curve ball from time-to-time and I did catch a cold (which is relatively mild, but still exhausting.) Unfortunately for me, I'm the type of person that likes to commit to something 100%, so it was hard for me to take a sick day (actually one and a half sick days). However, at the same time I'm 100% proactive, so taking a few sick days is peanuts compared to getting worse.

I'm not sure if this is CF-related or not, but the past few times I've had a cold I've had pretty annoying ear problems (swollen balloon-like feeling below my ears that alternates from one ear to the other) and I always get a mild fever. According to aboutkidshealth.ca this is completely normal... in kids. So I guess I am truly still young--very young--at heart.

In any case, with lots of rest and increasing my physio to four times a day, I'm sure I can kick this cold's butt and get back into fully enjoying my internship and downtown high-heel-strutting (yes, I strut... ok, maybe in my mind only).

Another VERY important thing (notice the bold?) that has happened this month is that my cystic cysta, H, has decided to be listed for a double lung transplant. It's very scary and exciting for her (and me, because I'm also so freaked and excited for her!). She's had a tough couple of years and it's about time she gets a break, gets her life back on track and continues her full-speed ahead, energetic way of life. In a way it's so weird that we went though all the steps together (having our assessments only 1 month apart, getting referrals around the exact same time) and now she'll have to lead the way. But I told her she is a trailblazer and she does it well! I'm excited to see what path she takes. Meanwhile, please send postive vibes to her--because you can never get enough.