Happy Thanksgiving!

The drop in mercury and colouring leaves signal that fall has arrived. And my favourite thing about the fall is eating all the yummy fall foods... including the best feast of all: Thanksgiving dinner.

Part of my family has rounded up at our chalet in Collingwood and as I type this our 19 lb Turkey is being prepared for a day of baking--and temptation. I will soon go pick our carrots out of our garden--the last harvest. I hope they turned out alright!

Before I do though, I thought I should mentioned what I am thankful for, since this--besides stuffing your face--is part of the whole point of this extended weekend.

No particular order:

  • Fam + Friends
  • Delicious food
  • MSN, blogger, FB and other forms of internet communication
  • Sunny crisp fall days
  • Holidays to sunny, warmer places when one cannot handle 'crisp' days anymore
  • Bonfires
  • A warm cup of tea
  • A warm cup of tea with chocolate
  • Roller coasters that make you scream like a terrified infant being torn from their mother's grasp (specifically)
  • People that help you out when you least expect it
  • Humor
  • Pajama days 
  • Good movies you want to watch over and over again
  • Being off of oxygen for 7 months! woo! (Still use for exercise but that's no biggie)
  • Good-looking celebs to gush over
  • Dr. Horrible
  • Crantinis
  • Good books you can't put down
  • Wii
  • Nearly being done my time at GH
  • Purell 
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

3 Responses so far.

  1. LittleM says:

    How long were you ON oxygen? I'm pretty sure I've read your blog from front to back.. did you change something in your life to achieve getting off of it? oh, and Happy Thanksgiving :)

  2. ooo get those carrots out before the frost comes tonight...true or false there was hail at the cottage this morning and sixty km winds...are you kidding me winter???? sigh...boogus.

  3. Hatts,

    True, VERY TRUE it was snowing in Collingwood today!! I got my carrots out and took photos... there were SO MANY. Thankfully, my Dad helped me get them. Between the wind and the cold and the effort I was a hacking mess lol. Also, don't fret about the cold because you will be in BARBADOS soon!!

    M,

    I don't think I mentioned the details of my last admission too much on here. But I was on O2 for just over a month... after about 3 weeks I was ok at complete rest though and only needed it for walking, sleeping and basically anything that required any effort. So not an overly long time, but certainly long enough.

    I made sure I went for walks at least once a day for 20-30 mins (around the boring hospital), because my sats always went up from that. I also credit the awesome drug combo I got (chloramphenicol and meropenum) for abolishing a very stubborn infection.

    Happy Thanksgiving to you both! :)