Pathetic Fallacy

Today, nature sided with my mood -- we clouded over, let ourselves be dark and released our inner frustrations.

SO tired of the lack of sleep due to treatments.
Tired of IVs.
. . . of CF being my life and definition.
. . . of being asked a million and one questions.
. . . of being sick on special occasions or my birthday.
. . . of temporary wellness.
. . . of living in limbo.
. . . of having barely enough time to take a shower.
. . . of constantly ordering supplies and booking appointments.
. . . of ALWAYS doing physio, that doesn't even seem to work anymore.
. . . of feeling like a 24-year-old trapped in the body of an 90-year-old.
. . . of being infantilized.
. . . of people telling me I don't look or act sick (though it is flattering).
. . . of being bored. 
. . . of exercising three times a week with (mostly) ex-smokers three times my age.
. . . of feeling unplugged.
. . . of being dependent on others.


There. Vent complete. And before I get a thousand e-mails, concerned looks, pats on the back and phone calls -- no, this isn't depression, it's just called being annoyed and frustrated for 1/5th of the day. Which I'm allowed. Feel it, express it, and then move on.

One Response so far.

  1. Hattitude says:

    I like this post if only for the fact that it means in your head you are starting to get ready mentally for your journey. With that head space you will fly through and accomplish transplant!