It's all Relatively Good

October 14 
 
I have a confession to make . . .
I found a more attractive option than this blog, and it has distracted me for the past few months. That distraction was summer, and for someone on the transplant list it was a relatively 'normal' summer, in fact I'd stretch the headline to read 'A Great Summer' relatively speaking. It's all so very relative. 

Now that I'm approaching my sixth month on THE LIST, I can say with confidence that-- after a quick scan of the exercise room at Toronto General, filled with people three times my age, shuffling from machine to machine on 15 L of oxygen-- that I, relative to that, felt 'normal'. I was fortunate enough to walk around the city without my oxygen for most of the summer (though later would discover that perhaps a little extra 02 wouldn't have hurt) and I was able to stay off Cipro for a full two months (which meant I could enjoy the sunshine without the worry of charring). I took ten weeks of French lessons (not sure how much I actually absorbed), celebrated my belated graduation with friends, visited my sister in Parry Sound, went to several TIFF movies, the EX,  enjoyed a few trips to Collingwood, saw my first Cirque Du Soliel show (Totem) and spent another few nice weekends just relaxing in Toronto. Not to mention I attended the biggest event of the summer: Couture Fashion for a Cure Found, which was even better this year (if you could believe it). I stepped back a bit this year and just focused on designing the program. In a way it was nice to just take the whole experience in from my front row seat, since last year I was so busy running around that I couldn't quite appreciate it all.

Event Stuffs. . .

Recap Video
Cystic Fibrosis: Fashion Fundraiser from Different Levels on Vimeo.



Hattie's "Dear Donor" Video

Untitled from Hattie Du on Vimeo.


Photos from the event: http://s1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb380/CFforCF/


Us!
I think that pretty much wraps up the summer... Fall started out lovely too, though it brought me back to Cipro after more than a few wonky weeks. I also started it out of desperation to eradicate this 'strange' metal breath I had developed. After a trip to the dentist, and confirming my pristine dental health, I called my lungs into question-- and since the breath disappeared after a few days on Cipro, they were guilty as charged! However, the case is still open, and I shall continue this ramblified story another night. 

Cheers!



One Response so far.

  1. your summer sounds EXACTLY like mine...but i have new lungs? hahah except you one upted me with the cirque de soliel!