Participating in 5K with an 11% Lung Function

This is a couple minutes late for Media Monday but I had the day "off" to enjoy a nice little holiday we call Labour Day.

Talk about Labour, this girl Jessica is living with a lung function of 11% which makes tasks like getting dressed in the morning or putting on socks feel like the equivalent of running a marathon. Despite this, Jessica is participating in a 5K to raise awareness for organ donation in the UK (more specifically, a foundation called Live Life Then Give Life). She has been waiting for a new set of lungs for 4 years (and we thought our waiting list was long!)

Read all about her here.

Also check out Ronnie's blog at Run Sickboy Run where I discovered this inspirational story along with many others (including his own).

As my own--muchly overshadowed--sidenote, I went for my first kayak of the year today (I know, a little late... but it was chilly this year and I can't/refuse to drive the pickup truck). It felt great and I didn't get tired, even after an hour of kayaking in the rough waters of Georgian Bay I honestly felt like I could go all day. Yay stamina!

One Response so far.

  1. Unknown says:

    Hey thanks for the shout out! Just stumbled onto your blog and plan to make my way through it! I like what I'm seeing so far! If you'd ever like to write a guest blog for RSR let me know. I really like the way you write and I want people reading CF blogs!

    Ronnie