1 Year Ago

It's hard to believe that it has already been one year since I received the call for lungs. Last year at 1:13 am I woke up to the faintest 'beep' of my voicemail, quickly called back Toronto General and was soon well on my way to a new life.

The build up, the event itself and the follow-up all seemed to go by in a blur (for me, anyway... might have something to do with the morphine). But this past year has been fully dedicated to living fully and I can happily say that I have lived 10 years in the extra one that I have been given.

Since Nov. 23, 2011 I have...

Walked around at CN Tower for my 6 month celebration.

Gone zip lining... twice!

Gone Hot Air Ballooning... twice...

Traveled to California and surrounding states ALONE and met amazing people along the way.

Walked across the Golden Gate Bridge.

Hiked the Grand Canyon.

Shot a clown in the face.

And subsequently ended up behind bars....

Flown a plane.

Today, I am thinking of my donor and the family they have left behind. Without them, none of this would have been possible and I'm so thankful for the opportunity to get out and LIVE life, the way it's supposed to be.

Other updates:
This week I had my one year assessment and so far all the test results have been good. In fact, my lung function is the highest it has ever been at 76%! Hospital visits are now becoming what they should have always been... a memory. Like my blog posts.

Be someone's happy beginning and give the gift of life: http://www.giftoflife.on.ca/en/

One Response so far.

  1. Anonymous says:

    What a great posting, thanks for sharing with us.