02 Pickup

You know the week is starting out right when your oxygen -- your lifeline for the past few years and especially the past few months -- is carted away. And there you stand, breathing on your own, without aid, without hesitation and without struggle.

Bon voyage 02 tanks!

I have now graduated to clinic every two weeks, since I seem to be pretty stable. I still go to the hospital three times a week for exercise, weekly bloodwork and pfts -- but hey, having a clinic day off is still a bonus!

Last week I had my second Bronchoscopy to check for rejection or infection. So far everything looks good and if the rest of the results come back just as stellar, I will have my PICC line removed by next week. I have not been PICC-free since September, so I welcome the break.

Otherwise, not much to report. Exercise has been going well, I've even started jogging for short 1-minute spurts (pretty sure my body forgets what 'running' is)... and in between I've been supplementing cardio sessions with "Just Dance".

Before I sign off this post, I will share the most important thing of all (besides feeling great!): My pfts are now 66%! Never seen that number and it will only get better. Very exciting.

One Response so far.

  1. Kim says:

    Fantastic,Fantastic,Fantastic this is an amazing post to read and 66 WOW Just love hearing those numbers climb!
    Haha "Cardio sessions with Just Dance" love it!