Lindsay new lungs went travelling

L's sister Stef just gave me an update.

Lindsay's new lungs have travelled a long way. The nurse has said they are from out of province so therefore they must be the absolute perfect match. They were waiting just for Linds.

Lins was as always in good spirits, her bubbly, infectious, teasing the nurses, self before she was wheeled down to OR.

Her first incision was around 2:10pm and the nurse said they'll come out and tell Stef and Lindsay's parents and family how it's all going when her shift ends.

So far so good! 

I'm over the moon that Lindsay's lungs are the perfect ones.  7 months of waiting good luck charm!

I forgot to mention this in my first post about dear Linday's now donor family... Someone lost someone they love very very very much today. In my haste and excitement for my friend, it's nice to honour and think about that person's family that is grieving today. Thank you donor family for giving the best gift Lindsay will ever get. Thank you, for allowing our girl to start living life, the way it should be lived. We love you. Thank you.

-Hattie