It's a Small World Afterall

I recieved an e-mail today from the CF representative that spoke at our fashion show fundraiser. Apparently, he and his wife were talking and realized that I was the little girl who did a national campaign with their son benefiting the Canadian Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.

I remember doing this Frightlite Campaign years ago (I think I was 12 or 13?). I was the oldest participant, so I suffered from a lot of wounded pride. For starters, they made me wear makeup and I HATED makeup, and I felt a tad ridiculous in my costume. But anything for the cause right? Besides, I think I was pretty agreeable for a preteen. (side note: years later, I fervently ushered friends away from the poster... which kept popping up at Great Strides walks, leaving me red-faced).

The little lion (who I actually now recall was soooo into the shoot) is now 16-years-old and the cute little princess unfortunately passed away a few years ago after receiving a double lung transplant in her teens.


It's truly amazing (and scary) how much can change from one snapshot to the next: we've passed milestones, endured struggles and loss, and celebrated triumphs.
 

One Response so far.

  1. You are ADORABLE Linds :) Loved seeing you last night, let's do it again soon!! xo